Sunday 30 September 2012

Ok ... Here is what I did last meeting

... Not as good as some of the others turned out (mainly because it is far from a finished item, and it is a bit dull and dark to be a good photo) but nobody else has posted theirs yet, so maybe now I have set the bar at a low height, maybe someone else will post photos of better ones? LOL

We had all sorts of wonderful fun, starting with a bit of textured wallpaper, which we painted and let dry (those water filled heaters in our room came in handy for that :-) then some people rubbed on oil pastels/etc
(I didn't have any, could have borrowed but forgot/got too carried away stamping tea bags ;-) then we glued (with gel medium ... but I used PVA glue because it was what I had, and I wanted to see if it worked) tea bags (used ones, emptied and dried out - if u have milk in your tea, take out the teabag before you add that!) on top ... and then we kind of ran out of afternoon ... LOL
... Next step is ... Whatever - can add more oil pastels/etc (forget what they are called - they come in metallic colours ... probably several brands/varieties - think I might buy some, when I get around to it ;-)
... after that can be layer of organza, or not (which can be melted with a heat gun, or not ...) and some/lots of hand and/or machine stitching ... and make it into a journal cover ... or something ...

Ok ... I am not sure exactly where in this post the photos will appear - I am doing this pst with the blogger app on my iPhone (just went and found/installed it so I could test it out :-) or even IF they will appear ( if not, I will log in on computer and add them in) ... but ... I have taken/added one of the whole thing (and, yes - that IS the dogs nose at the top of the photo - he had to check out what I was doing ;-) and the other photo is a close up of part of one end - showing the wonderful bee stamp I used on my tea bags (another one for my shopping list? ;-)

Andrea,
Getting a laugh from all the weird things spell check came up with for all the typos I made while typing all that stuff on my phone ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Cool - that post seems to have worked fine ... Except the second photo I took ended up first - LOL
    (And I won't be surprised if there is still at least a couple more typos in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.